Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.
I'm sorry for this concern about Honey.
The dose of KCL (Potassium Chloride) which can be given to a dog would be 0.5 – 1 mEq/kg which calculates out to be 9-17 mEq.
Therefore, she didn't receive a toxic dose of this medication, thank goodness!
I wouldn't expect any adverse consequences at all form Honey's ingestion of this drug but if it's been less than 1 hour since she ate it and you want to induce vomiting just to be absolutely safe, you could. The dose of 3% hydrogen peroxide (it should be fresh so that it bubbles and fizzles) would be 4 teaspoons mixed with bread. Walk her around and repeat the dose in 15 minutes if you have to.
Not all dogs will vomit when peroxide is given but most will.
I hope this helps to relieve your mind about this. Deb