Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

He's pinnes is bleading.. I want to know why? It's just a

Customer Question

He's pinnes is bleading.. I want to know why? It's just a drops but I worry
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: I see blood on his pinnes.. it was a few drops today , but a week ago he bleeded more
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No, and thank you
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 13 days ago.

Hello, again, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is your dog?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He is 12, and no he is an a good healt
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for answering my questions. Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 13 days ago.

I am sorry that you are having this problem with your dog. In response to your question, there are many different medical conditions that would cause a male to urinate or drip blood. It will not be possible for me to pinpoint the exact underlying cause without a hands-on examination and some testing, I am sorry. But, common causes are urethritis (inflammation of the urethra), bladder stones, kidney or prostate disease, a urinary tract infection, etc. to name a few causes. To determine the exact underlying cause he will need to have a urinalysis, X-rays and blood work by your family veterinarian. Treatment will be determined by exam and test results. If he stops or is unable to urinate, that is an emergency; he may have a stone blocking the outflow of urine in the urethra, at that point have him checked by ER veterinarian. Otherwise, follow up with your family veterinarian for the above test. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter