How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5160
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wow... okay, our dog just ate a teaspoon of chocolate

Customer Question

Wow... okay, our dog just ate a teaspoon of chocolate pudding and my daughters biphenton.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: nothing. I'm just paranoid.
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: sorry, did you see the part where I said my dog ate a teaspoon of chocolate pudding and my daughters 10mg of biphenton
JA: The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: my dog's name is alex. she's 12. she's a small cockapoo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about alex?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Carole Cocagne replied 4 months ago.

Hi I'm Dr. Carole and I'm a small animal veterinarian. If you have hydrogen peroxide at home you can make her vomit it up. Give her about a tablespoon by mouth and this can be repeated in 15 minutes if nothing happens. If it has been more than 1 hour since ingestion though this will likely not be worth it because it is already absorbed