Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

Minture pom laying lifeless and head bobing a little, penny.

Customer Question

minture pom laying lifeless and head bobing a little
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: penny. at least 12 yrs of age
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about penny?
Customer: nothing, just happened overnite, was good when we wnt to bed,
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Dr Ola.. Any symptoms of lethargy with "head bobbing" makes me very concerned about the possibility that seizure activity may have occurred overnight. This can be caused by ingestion of toxins, liver dysfunction, or changes in the brain due to age or "idiopathic" (no known cause.) My best recommendation to you is to get her to an emergency animal hospital right away. She will some diagnostic testing completed to evaluate her overall organ function, place her on intravenous fluids for hydration and observe her the day. This does sound serious though, so I wouldn't delay in taking her in today.

I hope this advice was helpful to you. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything or have other questions about this. Also, please do not forget to rate my answer which I hope you found to be "excellent." You may do this by clicking "rate our conversation" below (Your rating is the only means of compensation I receive for answering your question). Again, let me know if I can help you further:)