Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

He's panting but not making any noise very restless and keep

Customer Question

He's panting but not making any noise very restless and keep scratching my leg like he want something and I can't figure out what it is , excessive panting
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no wounds
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bailey
JA: How old is Bailey?
Customer: 11 years. 12 in May 2017. Yorky terrier
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?
Customer: He started sneezing today's ago not a lot
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Bailey. It sounds like he is trying to tell you something is wrong. Panting can be a sign of pain, internal illness, fever, lung problems, discomfort. Is he eating and drinking?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 days ago.

If I could, I would start with a thorough physical exam: listen to his heart and lungs, take his temperature (normal is between 101 and 102), palpate lymph nodes and internal organs, feel his back and joints joints and neck and check his reflexes.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 days ago.

If he is eating, and not vomiting, you could try baby aspirin for pain and see if helps. 1 baby aspirin or low dose aspirin per 15 to 20 pounds, less if he is smaller. Give with food. Do not give ibuprofen or Aleve.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 days ago.

I hope you were able to see my responses; I have not heard back from you. How is Bailey doing?