Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog was playing normally. When I returned home she was

Customer Question

My dog was playing normally. When I returned home she was dragging one of her hind legs but was otherwisestablished ok. What can view
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There is no wouND and no pain
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Stormie is 3 yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Stormie?
Customer: She's behaving normally ,one leg appear to be limp. I did trip over her today but she was playing afterwards
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Has she been dragging the leg continuously or intermittently?

Is the leg colder then her other ones?

Does she have any movement or feeling in the leg?

Any discomfort when flexing/extending the joints? Any boney instability or crunching?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The dragging is continuous. The legs are not colder that the other one she does not have any feeling or movement nor discomfort. Instability, no crunching
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 days ago.

Oh dear,

I am very worried Stormie.

If she has no feeling/movement/discomfort in that leg, then this suggests that she may not have nerve/spinal function there. And that is an emergency situation for our dogs. So, we need her seen right away for dog safe anti-inflammatories +/- an MRI to make sure we don't have a disc compressing her spine (as that can be surgical). And we do want to act quick here, since the longer they have no nerve function to the leg, the poorer their chance is for regaining it.

Just in case you need a local emergency vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or via https://www.veccs.org/facility-directory/

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 23 hours ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.