Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Boston terrier, approximately 25 pounds, acting like he hurt

Customer Question

Boston terrier, approximately 25 pounds, acting like he hurt his leg, not wanting to jump up on anything and was shaking a little. I looked his legs over really good and didn't find anything that seemed to be hurting him. This began on Friday late afternoon. Yesterday and today, he has been jumping up on things again and seemed to be quite a bit better in that respect. Eating well, drinking well, going out to take care of business (though I have not watched him to see exactly if there were any issues there or not, like straining or difficulty urinating). Just a few minutes ago, I noticed his groin area looked swollen, got him flipped over and was inspecting him and there is a rather large bulge in the groin area. Not tender to touch and he's running around like it doesn't hurt but there is something wrong, for sure. No vet here till Monday. What should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Please read above. It is not his leg or foot
JA: What is the Boston terrier's name and age?
Customer: Neil, approximately 4 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Neil?
Customer: Nothing. Has been extremely healthy.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that Neil has this bulge. Is it hard or hot? Are you able to reduce it or push it back in at all? Lastly, is there any bruising or discoloration to the area?