Dr-Bonk
Dr-Bonk, Veterinarian
Experience:  Five years as a veterinarian working with man's best friend. Have worked with pets, hunting and herding dogs, hounds, and breeders.
92155571

My dog had babies one week ago today she has diarrhea I

Hi my dog had babies one week ago today she has diarrhea I don't know what I have to do the vet is close today and tomorrow but can I get anything help her to stop from pets store thank you
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Meya
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Meya?
Customer: No she is ok with her babies she feeds them good she staye with them all the time

Hi, I'm Dr. Bonk. I'm sorry to hear about Meya's troubles. Diarrhea after whelping is a fairly common occurrence. As long as everything else is normal, no fever, appetite is good, no vomiting, and puppies are doing well, it will usually clear up with some Pepto Bismol and probiotics. The dose for Pepto Bismol is 1 ml per 10 lbs every 6-8 hours. You can also give her some plain yogurt with her food to provide her with probiotics. Make sure she is drinking plenty of water.

If the diarrhea doesn't go away with 2-3 doses of Pepto or if it gets worse or she or the puppies develop any other symptoms, it would be time to see a vet.

I hope this helps. Please contact me with any further questions you may have. Thank you and good luck!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you dr for your response . From where I should get pepto?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it available at pets mart thank you

You should be able to find it at any grocery store or pharmacy. It is a human diarrhea medication.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok dr thank you so much

You're very welcome. Good luck with Meya and her babies.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One more question what is the best food I have to feed her in this matter

You can give her some boiled chicken and rice. This is easily digestible.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you again take care

Kao Pectate is another human medication that you can use as well.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr-Bonk