petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

We are keeping a friend's 13 year old beagle. Our two dogs

Customer Question

We are keeping a friend's 13 year old beagle. Our two dogs will not drink after her. Do you think she may be sick and they sense it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Expert:  petdrz replied 1 month ago.

It is possible that you dogs are sensing something different (scent or taste) after she uses the bowl, but I don't think that necessarily means she is ill. As long as she is eating drinking and eliminating normally, I wouldn't be too concerned. If any of the pets in the house start to exhibit habits out of the ordinary relating to eating or elimination, that would be reason to consider at least an exam by your vet.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you! I was concerned that they were sensing cancer or some other problem with her. She does leave a lot of debris in the water which may be a turn off for my two xolo's.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 month ago.

Yeah, beagles are pretty indiscriminate and will eat or drink just about anything, other dogs are more choosy about what they will accept.