Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 1 1/2 yr yellow lab for the past two days has been

Customer Question

My 1 1/2 yr yellow lab for the past two days has been walking with his tail between his legs. When I tried to lift his tail he yelped. It appears to be painful. He has not been as energetic as well.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Let me check
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Mack
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mack?
Customer: He is a trained hunting dog with a Senior hunt title. We went duck hunting in the am for the past two mornings. No waterfowl were taken.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 11 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Expert:  petdrz replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Mack today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

Does Mack hold his tail up at all since this started?

Is there any swelling at the base of the tail?

Was he sensitive about lifting the tail before he went hunting?

Is he trying to lick anywhere around the tail currently?

Did he hold the tail up while swimming or hunting?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.