Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hi this is Dr. Hill. It sounds like Ash is potentially in shock. The altered gate is very concerning. Has she been eating or drinking over the last several days.
Since you have a stethoscope, I suspect you have a digital thermometer. I would take her rectal temperature. I should be 99 to 102.9. If it is lower than 99 or greater than 105, she needs to be taken to a veterinary hospital as soon as possible. At this age, I would be worried about a toxic ingestion, dietary indiscretion or gastrointestinal foreign body. Absence of gut sounds tells us that the intestinal motility is low, but not what is causing it. If Ash has not eaten for over 24 hours, has been vomiting or is painful or severely lethargic, then she really needs to be seen as soon as possible. Please ask any follow up questions. You can continue posting on this thread for several days after rating my response. take care.