Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 6 year old cockapoo and yesterday I left the house

Customer Question

Hello I have a 6 year old cockapoo and yesterday I left the house and put her in her kennel (which she hates) I was gone for 2 hours and when I returned she was in the kennel on her back panting hard. It scared me so I tried to talk to her as I took her out and stood her up but she was unable to stand well, her legs kept sliding from under her. Now this morning she can't stand without falling and she is walking in circles. Can you please help me
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 7 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. She needs to be taken to an emergency clinic this morning because she is neurologic. The walking in circles can be a sign of a liver problem, low blood sugar, toxicity or even a brain tumor. The emergency clinic will be able to do a thorough exam and bloodwork. Please list your town and state and I can help you find a local clinic, if your veterinary hospital is not open yet. Take care