Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I received two dogs today two are shitzus one we managed to

Customer Question

i received two dogs today two are shitzus one we managed to clean the knotted hair and give him a wash the other is the same condition except its a girl 3 to 4 years old it has i'm afraid a big lump dropping down under its tummy i think it could be cancer or an big absess they were in shocking condition as i;m a pensioner i don't have alot of money shuold i surrender the sick one to the rspca or go to the vet and get his opinion
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: he need a good trim and wash to take off his knotted hair
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Its is unfortunate to hear that she has a lump. In this case, it would be ideal to have her checked by a local vet to just get an idea of what is present. The vet can easily have a feel and stick a needle in the lump to see if it there is pus or if its a fatty growth, or something more sinister like a mammary tumor If it is an abscess then a course of antibiotics +/- draining it if it is large may be all she needs. If they just aspirate fat from this, then a lipoma can be monitored and only needs removing if they are causing the skin to ulcerate. Otherwise, if the vet suspects a mammary mass or another tumor, then you could consider surrendering her at that stage.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )