Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has gotten clingy all of a sudden, she cries when my

Customer Question

Hey there, my dog has gotten clingy all of a sudden, she cries when my dad goes outside and she is fairly old. But I was wondering if she was sensing something is wrong with her or if she senses a big earthquake coming, seeing as we are due for one.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name in Lucky
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about in?
Customer: Nope that's about it
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I am sorry to hear Lucky is showing these symptoms and no one has assisted you yet. Is she still eating/ drinking/ using the bathroom regularly? No panting/ pacing?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hey there, yeah I'm pretty sure she's eating normally and such. Haven't heard anything her doing any panting.

Do you have an idea of Lucky's age? I imagine the quakes/ tremors are a frightening to you all but I would have expected her to react to them before now

I worry this is more cognitive depending on her age. Dogs do become more clingy when there is something wrong as well and if she is eating/ drinking and moving normally then it becomes more of a question of mentation

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 9 days ago.

Good evening, I wanted to check in on Lucky to see if she is more stable then yesterday and is less clingy? I would love an update when you are able

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 9 days ago.

I am online another few hours this evening (in the states)...