Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has been hiding in the woods for the last 3-4 days

Customer Question

My dog has been hiding in the woods for the last 3-4 days only to come out twice looking for water. She seems weak, not wanting to move much, and just glares off into space. She did drink water earlier but threw up right after.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that we're aware of. Saw her Monday evening and she was fine and has only come out twice. She doesn't seem interested in doing anything but lying down
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Laney
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Laney?
Customer: she had puppies for the 1st time in July. 2 are still here but she's not interested in being around them either. She's also not interested in eating
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.

If she is not able to hold down water it is serious. she may be in shock and is in need of medical care.

Have you taken any of her vital signs? (temperature, check gum color and capillary refill time?