Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

He's tilting his ear and shakes continuously, Dash, 3, I

Customer Question

He's tilting his ear and shakes continuously
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dash , 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about dash?
Customer: I touch his ear and he wells, never happened before and vet closed till tuesday
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years, I am sorry to hear about this problem.

Sounds like Dash may have an ear infection and those are very painful. He will need to have the ear cleaned by the Vet and treated with an antibiotic. I would not wait until Tuesday to have him seen. A problem like this can rupture the ear drum. If he is not on any medication you can give 5 mgs of plain aspirin per pound of body weight. I would feed him first before giving the aspirin, because it can upset the stomach. Let the Vet know you have given that so there is no conflict with any medication he may give. If the ear gets worse it can cause Vertigo, nausea and cause him to loose balance. If you would like an ER Vet I can locate some for you with a City, State and Zipcode. I know Banfield and VCA clinics have Saturday hours, so you may want to see if there is one close by, They do offer a free first visit.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications. I have to urge you to have Dash seen asap by a Vet.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 11 days ago.

How is your Dog doing? I was concerned and want to check back in with you to see if the Aspirin helped.

Joan