Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My normally happy and social dog is hiding and laying

Customer Question

My normally happy and social dog is hiding and laying around, reverse and regular sneeZing. Won't go out to potty.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She's 2, her name is***** had all shots due for one now,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Winnie?
Customer: She was around a rescue couple weeks ago, has been to groomer this week, I shampooed carpet this week.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Rescue dog was sneezing a lot, stayed at my house for a week.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. By the principle of Occam's Razor, the rescue dog passed a respiratory infection - most likely infectious tracheobronchitis ("kennel cough") to your dog. The more severe canine influenza needs to be considered if Winnie is febrile and more profoundly ill than I would expect with kennel cough. It would be prudent to have Winnie's vet attend to her. Kennel cough need not be treated because it usually remisses unaided within 1-3 weeks. Canine influenza, however, often results in pneumonia.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Have a vet appointment this am

Sounds good.