Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

What brand name dog food can I get my dog who has cancer and

Customer Question

what brand name dog food can I get my dog who has cancer and arthritis and cannot eat food with fiber in it. I have been giving him Hills Prescription I/D dog food but in only comes in Turkey and chicken.
Currently he is on Pallada, gabapentin and deramaxx. Can those all be given throughout the day.
Thanks so much and happy holidays to you
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

The Hill's food that you are currently feeding does contain fiber in either rice or corn, depending on whether you're feeding I/D or L/D (respectively). You may want to look, also, at Hill's N/D which is formulated for dogs with cancer.

If fiber content is a concern, consider visiting http://www.balanceit.com and having a special homemade formula tailored to Sesue's specific needs without fiber content.

The medications that you are currently given can be given throughout the day, but their dosing frequency should be followed based on what your vet has recommended.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800