Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

20 lb beagle pup ate 5-325 hydrocodone pill, Bucky 8 to 9

Customer Question

20 lb beagle pup ate 5-325 hydrocodone pill
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the beagle will be able to digest that. What is the beagle's name and age?
Customer: Bucky 8 to 9 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bucky?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Please don't be alarmed. The doses of both hydrocodone and acetaminophen in that pill will be well-tolerated by Bucky. You're likely to see sedation arise but Bucky wasn't intoxicated. Normal dosing for him would have been the 5 mg of the hydrocodone but only 150 mg of acetaminophen. Acetaminophen, however, doesn't become toxic until 1400 mg were ingested by a 20 lb dog.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.