Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My poodle just had a seizure around 9:30, or so I think it

Customer Question

My poodle just had a seizure around 9:30, or so I think it was. She couldn't get up on the bed and I helped and she started shaking. Since then, she is lazy and when I put her down, she cannot jump into my lap.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. How old is just?
Customer: I don't know exactly maybe 8 or 9. She has had previous siezures, but nothing long lasting as this
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about just?
Customer: no, she just got up and acting fine, I let her out, my husband let her in and she was fine until I asked her to come up to the bed.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Did she go unconscious when she started shaking?

Is she walking a little hunched or seem to have a lack of coordination in the rear limbs?