Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My pitbull is peeing blood everytime she goes out. First she

Customer Question

My pitbull is peeing blood everytime she goes out. First she pees normal. Then at the end blood will come out. Then she will squat again and pee a couple more drops of blood. Idk whats going on. i cant really afford a vet and the meds.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I also bought some rocks yoy can put in her water that i guess helps something. She drinks pleanty of water and eats normal.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 11 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Melvin, your companion likely has a urinary tract infection and would do best treated by a vet. Ideally, a urinalysis would be performed and antibiotics prescribed, if needed, along with a change in diet, if indicated. The course of treatment is typically determined by the results of the urinalysis.

You can find more info here on using cranberry to prevent UTIs: http://www.petmd.com/blogs/nutritionnuggets/jcoates/2013/nov/how-cranberry-can-be-used-to-prevent-urinary-infections-dogs-31002

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800