Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My 70 lb dog may have eaten 5 mg of lisinopril, Close to 6

Customer Question

My 70 lb dog may have eaten 5 mg of lisinopril
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Close to 6 years old and name is Iris
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Iris?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 11 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok

Generally dosages lower than 9 mg/lb (she ingested 5mg/70 lbs = 0.07 mg/lb) cause mild signs only, most commonly vomiting and lethargy. There's no reason to induce vomiting or treat in any manner. As with ingesting anything unusual transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea can arise but Iris wasn't intoxicated.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

May I have an update on Iris, please?

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?