Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has rapid but unlabored breathing, pink gums no

Customer Question

My dog has rapid but unlabored breathing, pink gums no obvious discomfort with abdominal palpation. He is resting and has been acting normally. My daughter noticed it so thought I would ask.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Harley about 6 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Harley?
Customer: No, my daughter has been home all day and said nothing out of the ordinary occurred.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I apologize for the delay in hearing back from us.

Can you tell me how many respirations per minute you're seeing? To count these, a single in-and-out is counted as 1. Determine how many occur in a 60 second time span and please report back. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The response was delayed and in question form which didn't help me. I was charged $14 for a question from my original question which by the time I saw the response my dog no longer had issues. Thanks anyway for the contact but I don't feel I should be charge for this. I understand the $5 initial fee.