Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 11 yr old german shepherd has spinal arthritis for which

Customer Question

my 11 yr old german shepherd has spinal arthritis for which she takes novox. we usually get this from our vet. We are out,and the vet is on vacation, is there a way to get a prescription for this as we cannot get this online without a perscription?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the german shepherd?
Customer: She is in pain frpom her arthritic spine,hips
JA: What is the german shepherd's name?
Customer: sheeba
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about sheeba?
Customer: Good general health, Just very weak in hip area , I believe it is called ostinosos of the spine, her rear legs cross sometimes and she almost trips herself. The novox really seemed to help
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: WE know what the condition is, she has been getting treated for it but the vet is on vacation
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been waiting online for an answer for over 1 hr, although it states I shouldget the answer in about 8 min. I would just like to get the answer, The e mail stated that the answer was on the way. over 45 min ago
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Unfortunately, we are not able to write prescriptions for pets without a veterinarian actually seeing them. This is a licensing requirement lined out by veterinary boards that there must be a valid client-patient relationship. If you need a prescription because you are out, your best bet would be to take your companion to your local vet ER for an evaluation and prescription. I'm sorry we cannot be of more assistance.

If you need help finding an vet ER location in your area, please let me know. I'll be happy to assist.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IT is a shame I had to wait over one hr to get this yes or no answer, How do I get my refund and cancel my membership since I am not happy with this experience.

I will contact customer service for you. Good luck with your companion.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will they contact me via e mail or do I need to call them at a specfic number. Thank you for your help and have great holiday

They should refund it directly and I believe you will receive an email. There may be a slow down due to the holiday but typically they're pretty prompt.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you and goodbye

You're welcome.