Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He ate a couple of tablets of omprezole. seems a bit more

Customer Question

he ate a couple of tablets of omprezole. seems a bit more lethargic than usual. puggle who weighs around 35 pounds.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 9 years old. Cooper.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cooper?
Customer: that's it.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 10 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

The proton pump antagonist antacids such as omeprazole are very well tolerated by dogs when ingested in excess. Potentially, transient GI distress in the form of anoexia, colic, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, or diarrhea could arise but Cooper will remain safe. There's no reason to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok, thank you. Is it normal for him to be sleepy?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
no thanks

He may feel a bit upset as I mentioned and it is time for bed as well. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok, thanks you

You're welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?