Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

She is having tummy pain and i am trying to figure out how

Customer Question

She is having tummy pain and i am trying to figure out how much dicyclomine i should give her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dillie is her name and we think she is11. She was a rescue. I have had her for 4 years. She ate a tablespoon or two of giblet gravy and has been miserable since.
JA: The Veterinarian will know if name will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about name?
Customer: Dillie weighs about 14 pounds.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I am so sorry to hear Dillie is not feeling well. Dicyclomine is not commonly used in dogs but when used it is a dose of 0.15 mg/kg so your dog weighing 14 pounds (6.4 kg) would be a dose of approximately 1 mg

Other things to settle the stomach
- Leash walk tonight will help with nausea, abdominal cramping and spasms and help Dillie rest more comfortably

- White rice and lean boiled meat such chicken in small more frequent meals in the morning
- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.5 mg/ kg every 12 hours (1/2 of a 10 mg tablet) to help settle her stomach. If you have omeprazole that is also an option for settling the stomach at 1 mg/kg daily (1/2 of a 20 mg tablet)

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today. I hope your pet is feeling better soon!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am online another 15 minutes tonight to assist you both

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is Dillie doing? Is she more comfortable? I would love an update when you are able

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!