Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Bad skin like .mange vet said some time ago he inhabited

Customer Question

Bad skin like .mange vet said some time ago he inhabited from mother. My question l have been told to but sulfer sup .how do l mix with to put on skin. p
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sarge 7 yrs.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sarge?
Customer: He was treat D for heart worms 1yr. Ago
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I will try to help you with this.....did your vet confirm for sure that it was mange?

Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

Did your vet diagnose it by seeing mites under the microscope?

Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

Let me know and I will give you best recommendation.....

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
said it was mange inharited from mother.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Several months age he was taken to vet for coughing .it's like he needs to bought up flem he has been taken twice for it and given amniotic and prednisone 10mg. He gets better each time with this medication.Ith
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I expect a call this pm.
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

I cannot do a phone call tonight but will be happy to continue chat if you want. Otherwise I will allow someone else to help you. How would you like to proceed?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I can't communicate by Ted on my phone
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

That is not what I mean.....I mean just continue chatting online. Do you want to continue online or do you want a phone call?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I expect a call this pm.tex I can't get waiting
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

Ok, sorry I cannot fulfill your phone call tonight. I will opt out so question will open to other experts. Best of luck, DRB

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can talk online .I would like to know how to mix sulfer Usp with what ingredients to apply to dogs skin
Expert:  Dr B replied 6 months ago.

I would not use sulfur to treat mange.....this is a very outdated way to treat mange.....your need to ask your vet to fill a prescription for oral ivermectin at the correct dose and treat your dog with that until 2 negative skin scrapes...this is the very best way to treat mange. No one uses sulfur baths or dips anymore.....please let me know if you have additional questions as I can check back with you tomorrow night. I hope this helps you. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB