Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

We think our dog may have eaten a d-con mouse poison pellet.

Customer Question

we think our dog may have eaten a d-con mouse poison pellet. he is acting real strange.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: we found him in the laundry room with a garbage bag opened and was sitting there obedient as if you were in trouble. didn't think nothing of it 3 hours later he's kind of bobbing his head like Ray Charles and can't stop moving
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: he's receptive and alert to a point I don't know what to do ride it out or take him to the vet I don't have the money as sad as that is to say
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 9 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

How much does you dog weight, please? d-CON contains the anticoagulant rodenticide brodifacoum which can cause uncontrolled bleeding in 1-4 days post-ingestion. One pellet wouldn't intoxicate most any size dog. Are you sure that the pellet was d-CON?