Dr-Bonk
Dr-Bonk, Veterinarian
Experience:  Five years as a veterinarian working with man's best friend. Have worked with pets, hunting and herding dogs, hounds, and breeders.
92155571

Throwing up water, Not that i know of, Her name is beatrice

Customer Question

Throwing up water
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that i know of
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** is 5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about beatrice?
Customer: She is a cane Corso
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr-Bonk replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Bonk. I'm sorry to hear about Beatrice's troubles. First thing you should do to help stop vomiting is to take away food and water. Don't offer her any more food until tomorrow morning. You can offer her very small amounts of water frequently or give her ice cubes. The reason for this is large volumes of water at once can cause more stomach upset. You can also freeze a little water in a dish and let her lick that.

You can give her Pepto Bismol at a dose of 1 teaspoon per 50 lbs every 6-8 hours. If she has stopped vomiting by tomorrow morning, you can try offering her some boiled chicken and rice. Only give her a couple tablespoons to begin with every 2-3 hours. If she vomits again, withhold food for another 4 hours.

If she is showing any other signs such as abdominal pain, bloating, blood in the vomit or feces or if the vomiting isn't better by tomorrow, it would time to see a vet.

I hope this helps. Please contact me with any further questions you may have. Thank you and good luck!