Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My goes outside to urinate and try different spot .She is

Customer Question

My ***** ***** goes outside to urinate and try different spot .She is not urinating and try several times. Need advice.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is this new behavior?
Customer: yet this new an d never had this problem .She poop well.
JA: How old is russell?
Customer: Maybe five years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about russell?
Customer: She recently had a kennel cough which was treated by a vet.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about your girl's situation. What is her name? How long has this posturing to go in many spots been going on? Is she still eating and drinking?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nugget is her name and she is eatin and drinking well. Going to different spots for about a week.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am waiting for some type of advice in reference to her situation.

I'm sorry for my delay. I like that name. That is great that she's eating and drinking well. With the duration of her clinical signs, the most suspicious thing for posturing to urinate in multiple places / straining would be a urinary tract infection. The irritation they feel when they have this makes them feel like they have to urinate all the time. The way this is diagnosed is with a urine evolution. It is typically treated with a course of oral antibiotics. The other big rule out that could be going on is bladder stones and possibly a urethral blockage. When a stone in the bladder starts to pass and gets stuck, it can cause them to try and urinate and not be very successful or with no success. A urinary blockage is a critical situation that needs to be addressed immediately.