Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog Sparky just stands hunched with ears back and shaking

Customer Question

My dog Sparky just stands hunched with ears back and shaking (trembling) She is panting heavily too. We took her to the vet who did all the usual tests including a blood test which showed she was dehydrated so he kept her for a day on a drip. She has anti biotics in her system but as of today she seems to be worse. I hate to sound awful but we cannot afford the vet again as it cost us a lot of money for her last treatment. She now doesnt seem to be able to jump down now either.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. How old is Sparky?
Customer: She is only 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sparky?
Customer: She has eaten and passed urine and poo. She looks so scared
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 12 days ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Does it look like she is having problem walking in the rear end?

What breed of dog is she?