Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Older dog eye looking side ways otherwise seems ok, Mickey

Customer Question

Older dog eye looking side ways otherwise seems ok
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Mickey 13 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mickey?
Customer: Small daushound
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I am sorry to hear Mickey is showing this symptom. Are his eyes darting side to side? Is he a little wobbly on his feet or circling in one direction or another?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not reLle

OK good. There are a few reasons why a dog can have a head tilt as you describe.

- Vestibular event which causes the world to spin and be off balance
- Tumor
- Ear infection- is there any odor or debris in the ears is a great question

-Neck injury or pain

I would advise a veterinary exam in the morning as a precaution to diagnose the underlying cause and hopefully begin appropriate treatment to ensure this resolves swiftly.

Tonight keeping him as quite as you are able, carrying to go outside and potty and please avoid steps/ stairs or on/ off furniture to minimize injury. Also low lighting and minimal sound stimulation

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today, I hope he returns to normal soon

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am online another 45 minutes this evening if I can be of any further assistance

Good afternoon, how is Mickey doing today? I would love an update when you are able. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!