Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I'm a member. My dog s got into a pound of uncooked pasta.

Customer Question

I'm a member.
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: My dog s got into a pound of uncooked pasta. My Frenchie looks like she ate the most. She's very bloated not uncomfortable yet. Should I induce vomiting?
JA: OK. I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if s will be able to digest that. How old is s?
Customer: almost 13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about s?
Customer: She is alpha dog and although I have a bullmastiff and a hound mix I'm sure she ate the bulk of it.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 13 days ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. If she had eaten this in the past couple of hours, you can induce vomiting by giving 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 5 lbs of body weight orally. That can be repeated in 10 minutes if there is no vomiting. If it has been longer than 2 hours, I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are that if you don't induce vomiting, she will be just fine but may still have some gastrointestinal upset. If you want to avoid any of that, just make her vomit and be done with it. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 9 days ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how your Frenchie is doing and to see if you have any further questions.