Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I am going to travel in the next couple of days and need to

Customer Question

I am going to travel in the next couple of days and need to know if I can give my dog some Zoloft I have tried Benadryl and nothing she will whine the whole time we are driving
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 18 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this travel anxiety with your girl Annabel. Zoloft shouldn't be given to a dog. It isn't something that is used in them. As far as traveling with her in a fashion that is more comfortable for you and her, the best thing to do is to get to your vet today or tomorrow to have them prescribe some medication like acepromazine which is an oral sedative. It is probably the most common medication used to help with sedation for travel. It is very inexpensive and tolerated very well.