Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

Second opinion] - ib have a dog that does not travel well we

Customer Question

Second opinion] - ib have a dog that does not travel well we have tried benedryle and nothing works what can I try this time all she does is whine the whole 4 hr. can o give her some Zoloft>
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Annabel and she is three
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Annabel?
Customer: no she is very health
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 16 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.

It is not advised you give your dog any prescription medication that is not dispensed by your Vet as the possible reaction to it could end up showing you the inside of a Pet Emergency Room.

That being said , Zoloft is given to dogs for many reasons and I am going to direct you to a link that goes over side effects, precautions and dosing. The rest is up to you. I might do a trial run on this with your dog on a day that your vet is open in case you need any emergency type care. http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/prescription/sertraline-zoloft

You can give over the counter Dramamine Here is the dosing for that. http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/dimenhydrinate-dramamine

Expert:  Sally G. replied 14 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DakotaSouthFive