Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog has been out of sorts and listless for about 2-3 days

Customer Question

My dog has been out of sorts and listless for about 2-3 days no .She will stand up to go out and go to the bathroom and she is eating and drinking. She has been coughing periodically and urinating here and ther . She is approximately 13 yrs old and a Cockapoo
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She is usually very active and had no problem jumping up on my bed and on the sofa. She waits to be picked up no and she just lays around
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry but with the restrictions of our veterinary license, I am unable to make phone calls unless I have a personal patient relationship with your gal. I would like to help, however....

There are a couple conditions that will cause these symptoms in a dog of this age and the most common is developing Congestive Heart Failure. The coughing is the first sign along with lethargy. This will require testing and examination by your vet. Considering your sweet girl's age, I would get her to your vet as soon as possible. Treatment for this will help and make her much more comfortable. Testing will rule out other possible conditions that would also have treatments that will help your girl.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****