DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My puppy ate some of a pee pad including the absorbent gel

Customer Question

My puppy ate some of a pee pad including the absorbent gel in the middle. What symptoms, if any besides vomiting and diarrhea, if any should I look for if this were to make her sick.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 13 days ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Im sorry to hear that your puppy is causing some trouble. As far as toxicity there is nothing to worry about. The main concern is gastrointestinal obstruction. Watch closely over the next 48 hours for any inappetance, depression, bracing of the abdomen or walking slowly/stiffly, yelping when the abdomen is touched or the dog is picked up, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling excessively, or straining to defecate with nothing coming out. Any of these things could indicate obstruction. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 10 days ago.
Hi Jenny,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMelJ