Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My chocolate lab is ten years old. She has always had

Customer Question

My chocolate lab is ten years old. She has always had allergies. We have her on vet prescribed anti allergens. She has a lump on top of her left back paw about and inch and a half wide she keeps licking on it we try to keep it bandaged. Now she has a sore about 4 inches above her same foot looks like a really small lump under the sore. Our vet looked at the foot one time briefly but didn't say anything
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sis
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Sis?
Customer: Not she's in good health other then her allergies. Eats and drinks good
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 15 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Please give me a moment to type my response. Thank you

Can you post a picture of the two lesions on the foot? From the history it sounds like an aural lick granuloma, but I would like to see a picture to get a better idea.

ACRAL lick granuloma not aural. sorry

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Darn I just got it all bandage up again and her boot on. I thought it was also a granuloma and wasn't really worried until today I saw the new lick area above her paw. Poor thing has always had allergies really bad. We are trying a new allergy med in her right now it's pretty expensive but it seems to work a little better then Benadryl.

That's okay. Don't unwrap it. Is the new medication Apoquel?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
it is but she had the lump before the medication. She has always been a licker scratcher.

Okay good. It is extremely effective. I would also look into alternative therapies in your area. Cold laser and acupuncture are very helpful.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok I will keep wrapping and take her in again. Thank you

Your welcome. You can post follow up questions on this thread for several days, even after you have rated my response. I am off and on the computer during the week, but usually able to check on all follow up questions each evening.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you

Your welcome.