Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He walks around with his head hanging down,and tail hanging

Customer Question

He walks around with his head hanging down,and tail hanging down to .he crys when i move .i was giving him s durvet penicillin,only 5 cc ..but he is about 8 to 10 pounds... I want to know if i can give this still and how much.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Little Buddy he is About 7 years old .
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No i just don't want to lose him and
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 17 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I'll be happy to help you with Little Buddy today but I need more info.

1) When did these symptoms start?
2) For what purpose did you start giving the penicillin?
3) Are you giving 5cc or 0.5cc? How often are you giving it?
4) Is he still eating and drinking well?
5) Has any blood work been performed?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I started yesterday for i felt that penicillin would help any thing wrong with him. I can't get him to the doctor on the weekend. He started having trouble about 4 days ago . He eat yesterday and had a good poop to day. I thought he was not going to eat to day. But he just eat he got up and moved around and he acts like he feels good at times. So i want to know should i still give him this penicillin.and could i go up to 10 cc ,my daughter said it might not be right antibiotic for him.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can't give any more money

First things first, I need to know if you are giving 5cc or 0.5cc. If he is only 8-10 pounds, he's a very small dog and we need to be careful with the dosing or you may harm him.

Second, I need to know the concentration on the bottle. You can send a picture of the label, if you wish. This should say X number of units per cc or per mL.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
300,000 units per ml

And have you been giving 5cc or 0.5cc (5ccs or one-half cc)?