Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a 10 lb miniature pinscher that may have eaten 1

Customer Question

I have a 10 lb miniature pinscher that may have eaten 1 small (cooked) wild mushroom. Should I be concerned?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: He is 13 yrs old, and has anxiety. Otherwise healthy.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 21 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Any sort of mushroom which is suitable for human consumption will not be toxic to dogs, and as this was just one the chances are that this will not affect even a small dog in the slightest, your Min Pin should be just fine.

2. There are no special measures you need take in this situation. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you. Much appreciated.
What is the charge for this service? I thought it said $5, however my credit card was just charged for $14. I did not sign up for a membership- I clicked the free trial button. I can't afford a monthly membership and am confused how this service works. It is not clear when I submitted a question.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I do not want to switch to phone. Just looking for an answer to my question above. Is the $14 I paid the full cost for this answer. I hope so.

Hello again,

I regret I have no access to the administration on the site such as pricing etc. my role is to answer your veterinary related questions only.

However I will be glad to pass your concerns over to our customer care team, I am sure they will explain all your options.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 20 days ago.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your Min Pin is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the mushroom ingestion ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
He is doing great. Thank you for the advice!

Great news! Thanks for the update, I thought he would be OK ...

Regards,

Dr Scott