Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Was told today my dog has bone cancer they said that from

Customer Question

Was told today my dog has bone cancer they said that from looking at a xray
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he will be six next month he is a rottie I was wanting to know can you tell that from a xray
JA: How old is grizz?
Customer: Five years and eleven months
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about grizz?
Customer: He is extremely tall and weighs 166lbs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I am so very sorry for the diagnosis but unfortunately with bone cancer an x-ray in and of itself can be very telling and diagnostic of bone cancer. A biopsy would be ideal but if there is a "moth eaten" appearance to the bone or the bone is dissolving this is a very tell tale sign that the cancer is affecting the bone. Most often the long bone such as the femur or humerus is affected

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today, my thoughts are with you as you digest this information.

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thank you