Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog (1 year and3 months weight 10 pounds ) ate a Tylenol

Customer Question

My dog (1 year and3 months weight 10 pounds ) ate a Tylenol 3.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Molly
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Molly?
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 16 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me, so could you please answer the following :

1. How long ago did this happen { How many minutes or hours ago } ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
15 minutes ago

Hello again

I have very quickly worked out an answer for you below.

1. Your small dog is at quite a risk from this. But one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the drug that way. If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion then things should be OK. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

{ Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs }

2. Have a go with inducing vomiting and then let me know how it went ...

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I will be standing by ....

How are things going? Did you manage to induce vomiting ?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I took Molly to emergency and they induced vomiting. They also gave her charcoal to absorb any remaining medication. Thanks for the quick response.

You did the right thing ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Molly is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Tylenol ingestion ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 13 days ago.
Hi Carmella,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?