Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

What breed makes the perfect pet

Customer Question

What breed makes the perfect pet
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 22 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question. I'm going to be very, very honest here and say that there is no specific breed that makes the perfect pet for every person. There in is the beauty of all the different breeds! Each person needs to look at their situation, their needs, and their hopes for the breed of dog that they are wanting. Do you want a smaller dog that doesn't need as much exercise and is more of a lap dog? Do you want a more physically active dog that is out and about for outdoor activities? Do you want a dog that is more requiring of grooming care versus not? Do you want a dog that has certain physical outward characteristics? There are so many breeds of dogs (and mixes too!) that they can all find the perfect situation to make the perfect pet.