Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog constantly paces the house. This is not a new

Customer Question

My dog constantly paces the house. This is not a new behaviour he has done it all his life. He is about 9 months old and a Pit bull mix. Letting him outside does nothing as he usually just stands at the gate and whines. Some days are better than others. If you tell him to lay down he will go to his bed but it does not last long as he's up walking around again. It is extremely annoying and I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome. This is just a short note to introduce myself or to request needed information for your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 16 days ago.

When you say he whines at the gate, do you mean an outside gate or one in the home?

What have you tried in the past to stop the pacing?

Do you train him daily?

What type of toys does he have?

What type of exercise does he get?