Dr. Lori
Dr. Lori, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian
96382098

My 80 pound lab/pitbull mix is yelping when he jumps from

Customer Question

Hello, my 80 pound lab/pitbull mix is yelping when he jumps from the bed. when he is outside he's acting totally normal. running, playing. the yelping is random. also when we go to move him at night.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Lab/pitbull a large/medium dog
JA: OK. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** is 1 year and 9 months
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Atticus?
Customer: No conditions or anything. He went to the vet a few weeks ago because he couldn't shake his head without yelping. He can do that now, but now if we move him or he jumps down from out bed he yelps.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** and I can help with Atticus. I can offer you a phone call as this is quicker, but we can also type.

Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 2 months ago.

Sounds like Atticus is in pain. Do you have any medication form when you went to the vet last for the head shaking?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he was on what the Vet called like a muscle relaxer for dogs, essentially something we would take for muscle pain. The pain in his neck has stopped totally, I don't know the name of it, it was a large beef flavored tablet which he loved. he is taking his last pill today.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am also just concerned because he is so young, I don't want it to become a lingering issue. He's a big boy, he's active but not to the point that I can see him hurting himself. I think we should look into vitamins and joint supplements for him as well, but right now I'm just concerned about this issue, I read that jumping down and being in pain could indicate spine/neck issues which is what he had before with the head shaking issue.
Expert:  Dr. Lori replied 2 months ago.

Hey there I am going to send this back to other professional to answer. If your question is here this afternoon I will help help