Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Oh my goodness I wasn't expecting somebody to be on the line

Customer Question

Hello there!! Oh my goodness I wasn't expecting somebody to be on the line but this is great for me thank you first of all
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Oh OK I will start again I was sending a message but apparently it did not go through. I have a 15-year-old ***** ***** terrier Chihuahua 18 pound rescue dog. He's been very healthy up until the past couple of months he started with doggy diarrhea and four different types of probiotics and he still having diarrhea but that's getting better he's on a rice and chicken diER
JA: Where does Chihuahua seem to hurt?
Customer: diet. Yes, forgive me that part of the message did not go through either..
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: He seems to be making a choking sound every time we come back from a walk or if he gets super excited knowing that we are going in the car!
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Umm, no! It never occurred to me to check his foot if he's making a choking sound.
JA: The veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Chihuahua?
Customer: No, he's VERY healthy & is WELL taken care of. And he's the only thing I have in this world. No family or friends @ the moment. I just moved here & am facing yet another amputation of my other foot soon. ūüėü
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 16 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Can you tell me if you are asking about his diarrhea or his choking?

If it is the diarrhea you wish to discuss, can you tell me what it looks like, what tests have been done, and if any other treatments have been used besides probiotics/diet?

If your question is about the choking, how long has this been an issue? Is it only with excited? How long has this been ongoing?