Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My One pound puppy had a respiratory infection that turned

Customer Question

My One pound puppy had a respiratory infection that turned into pneumonia... the doctor said his condition isn't improving. He's not breathing comfortably... I don't know what to do. Selfishly I still want them to do whatever they can. He's so little and only 12 weeks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the puppy can pick up. I'll have you talk to the veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?
Customer: No
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Please help. He's at the vet now staying over night. He has had a temperature all day of 103-104 :( he's so little... Is there anything else they can do? They have given him a little bit of antibiotic and are keeping him inside an oxygen tank.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
34;( please respond
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 22 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What tests has his vet done?

What treatments is he on thus far? Just the oxygen and antibiotic?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Is his breathing rate >30 breaths per minute? Is he congested or wheezing while breathing?