Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 10 year old mini dachshund has a loose tooth on her lower

Customer Question

My 10 year old mini dachshund has a loose tooth on her lower jaw is her k9. Should we pull it or let it fall out
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Lindsay, please do not manually remove the tooth. This may cause a great deal of pain even if it is loose in the socket. Chances are that Maggie could stand to have a dental cleaning and extractions performed on any loose teeth. If this is not possible, let the tooth fall out on its own.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800