Carole Cocagne
Carole Cocagne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Swartz Creek Veterinary Hospital
96736229

My dog just ate a small package of Professional Health

Customer Question

My dog just ate a small package of Professional Health Formula Herbalgesic pills. Probably about 10-15. Each has White WIllow 270 mg, ginger 225 mg, california poppy 100 mg, corydalis 100 mg, jamaican dogwood 50 mg, peppermint leaves 5 mg in them. SHe weighs about 17 pounds and is 7 years old
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Toffee
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Toffee?
Customer: no not really she is very healthy and seems very happy with herself. She broke into a bag so they must have smelled good to her.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Carole Cocagne replied 19 days ago.

Hi I'm Dr. Carole. I'm sorry to hear about Toffee. Nothing on that list immediately causes concern for severe toxicosis but since she is so small and it is unknow if she may have a reaction to something in the pills I would recommend causing her to vomit to remove it from her system. You can give 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide by mouth and can repeat in 15 minutes if she doesn't vomit. Then I would just keep an eye on her. If she starts not acting right I would take her in for bloodwork and fluids.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I think she got into it about 45 min. to and hour ago. It won't be in her system yet?

If you can induce vomiting within an hour usually most of it will be expelled. After an hour vomiting will be of no use.

Expert:  Carole Cocagne replied 17 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Carole Cocagne