Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My dogs names is Stimpy He is a maltipoo and has a lot of

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** dogs names is Stimpy He is a maltipoo and has a lot of sound from the stomach. A while back he had diarrhea not his stool is mushy but has shape. He also sometimes seems sluggish and his coordination is slightly off.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help Stimpy He. How old is Stimpy He?
Customer: 6 years old. He will be 7 April 14,2017
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Stimpy He?
Customer: Not that I know of
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 20 days ago.

It sounds like he's just having a little GI upset right now. I'm not seeing anything that would make me worry about an obstruction or metabolic disease or anything too serious.

If you want to give something at home to settle the stomach, you can give Pepcid AC (Famotidine). In a small dog like this, you can give 1/2 of a 10 mg tab every 12-24 hours, as needed.

If the signs don't resolve over 2-3 days, then I would get him seen and run some diagnostics to rule out other causes.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you but do you have any Idea whats happening with my dog? The gurgling has started about 3 hours ago.. mentally I believe he may have some sort of parasite
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 20 days ago.

The gurgling is just the stomach contracting down. It's a normal process that is just overly active sometimes where you hear it. It's nothing abnormal. It can lead to some mild nausea or discomfort, which is where the antacids can help.